Monday, December 8, 2014

Twelve Days with Mary - Day 8 - The Immaculate Conception




Lady of Lourdes, The Moon
Mysteries of Mary Tarot Deck


December 8, Mary Feast Day of
the Immaculate Conception

She said to Bernadette :
Je suis l'immaculee concepcion

I took these photographs at Lourdes
during the full moon in September 2014.
I had already seen the amazing full moon
on the 7th September at the Notre Dame
and did not expect to see it two nights
later at the procession at Lourdes.
It was a most vivid red-pink -
my limited phone camera could not capture
its luminosity and colour.
I only took these two photographs
as I thought I would take some more the
following evening, but alas, the next night
was a cloudy one!

The full moon to the left of the procession.

This extract from
The Life and Mission of the Blessed Virgin by 
Corinne Heline, 

Early religions stressed the importance of the divine feminine,
publicly dramatized, usually in the worship of the
Moon goddess or the goddess of Heaven.
The Moon astrologically governs the sign Cancer, and both
governs the waters of the world and their psychical equivalent, the
emotions.  (The word' mare' in Latin means ocean or sea)



for more Mary love
visit Rebecca at


blessings
Hettienne


9 comments:

  1. thanks for a lovely sharing, have a good week

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Hettienne. What a wonderful spiritual experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing me along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Lourdes. This had to have been an incredible experience. I love your photos and the information you posted. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing these images are-the procession. The faith. The effect of Our Lady of Lourdes. Who says one person can't make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifty thousand people a day - a mass every hour in a different language and four processions a day - and many attending not Catholic, myself included. It is awesome, literally!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.