Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day Seven of Twelve Days of Mary

Rosaries and shrines by Hettienne


"Moved by what I was discovering, I walked out into the moonlit
night and stood by the sea.  The sea itself seemed to be saying her name.
I returned and wrote :

I realized that all the powers of the Mothers, of Tara, Durga, Kali are in Mary.
She has Tara's sublime tenderness;
Durga's inaccessible silent calm force;
the grandeur and terribilta of Kali.
But Mary is also a woman,
a poor woman
and a human mother.

In her the full path of the sacred feminine is lived.
In her we have a complete image of the Divine Mother,
an image at once transcendent and immanent,
other-worldly and this-wordly,
at once mystical and political and practical.

In Mary the Divine Mother comes to earth and lives on earth
and lives, the passionate, strong, serious,
simple and transforming life that shows us all how to live.

Mary is the bridge between heaven and earth,
between the human and the divine worlds,
between human and divine justice."
                                                                             Andrew Harvey in The Return of the Mother

This must be one of my most favourite chapters in any book -
the chapter is entitled Mary Our Mother.


If you are following in these Twelve Days of Mary Pilgrimage -
my favourite time of year - 
then click on the link below 



7 comments:

  1. what beautiful words, i'm so glad i stopped by to read them

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely thoughts, the author is new to me. your rosaries and shrines shown here are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your exquisite art work never ceases to delight me. I wish we lived nearby as I would so like to meet you and see you work in your studio. I like how you talk about all the divine feminine goddesses are within Mary--and I believe she is in them. But, I guess I'm kind of a heretic Christian, but I am a Christian of a more liberal ilk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To see your glittering shrines all together!
    The Queen's jewels!
    Mary as the bridge between human and the Divine...
    that is exactly what I feel!
    ps:
    your package is on the way...♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hands and heart create objects of great beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. Your shrines... your quote and words... Thank you Hettienne, for bringing us such beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for taking this pilgrimage with us dear hettienne. forgive me for my very late arrival, i am working over time on the thousand and one details for our soon approaching arrival in san miguel. i will slip you in my pocket and take you along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.