Monday, December 9, 2013

Day Nine of Twelve Days with Mary - the mystical rose

Painting by Hettienne


I thought of Mary's spirit, hidden everywhere. 
Her heart a red cage of fierceness tucked among ordinary
things...... Here, everywhere, but hidden .....

Whatever it is that keeps widening your heart, that's Mary too,
not only the power inside you but the love. And when you
get down to it, that's the only purpose grand enough 
for a human life.

Not just to love - but to persist in love.

Sue Monk Kidd : The Secret Life of Bees


Day Nine of Twelve Days with Mary




9 comments:

  1. so very true...I loved that book!
    And your painting! matches perfectly...red,
    I'll be looking for it all day! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read 'secret life of bees' with my book club; luv the bold strokes in your painting

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly beautiful painting!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and enchanting painting of Mary-so full of tenderness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystical rose Mary is so beautiful and Sue Monk Kidd's words are a pleasant reminder about how much I loved that book and the film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dare I say that this Mary looks a wee bit saucy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful redheaded Mary. Reminds me of my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Writers today don’t seem to care about writing their own original content. You seem to have a lot of talent and your own original ideas. & the painting is so nice.
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.