Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day Four in Twelve Days with Mary

Photograph taken in my garden shrine


The Fountain
How well I know that flowing spring
in black of night

The eternal fountain unseen
How well I know where she has been
in black of night

I do not know her origin
None. Yet in her all things begin
in black of night

I know that nothing is so fair
and earth and firmament drink there
in black of night

I know that none can wade inside
to find her bright bottomless tide
in black of night

Her shining never has a blur;
I know that all light comes here
in black of night

I know her streams converge and swell
and nourish people, skies and hell
in black of night

The stream whose birth is in this source
I know has a gigantic force
in black of night

The eternal fountain is unseen
in living bread that gives us being
in black of night

She calls on all mankind to start
to drink her water, though in dark,
for black is night

O living fountain that I crave,
in bread of life I see her flame
in black of night

                          John of the Cross

This is day four in the twelve day pilgrimage
to Mary and Her radiant Light;
may the Light shine brightly for you
today and illuminate your mind and heart!

If you would like to visit or participate
please click the image and go to
http://corazon.typepad.com/recuerda_mi_corazon/

for more Mary sharings

9 comments:

  1. Hettienne that is just lovely! Love the poem as well. I too shall have lights on my Mary outside in the garden. Just beautiful. Thank you. I love your blog because it is always full of life and it just captures my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gloria...you blog is a place of gentle beauty♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a dazzling Mary! how did you attain this kind of light?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your Mary lit with clear lights like stars makes me wonder if I could do the same. The words of St. John of the Cross from so along ago still have relevance to this point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoyed your garden Mary and poem

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image,radiating calm, peace and serenity.....thank you!

    Blessings,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would feel right at home in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for your bright warmth and open arms waiting for me at the end of a long day.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shrine in the dark of the night. And, oh, my goodness! How did you find that poem written by John of the Cross? I've not had the 'courage' to read his things as I seem to think that it might be over my head. I love St. Teresa of Avila's writings, but she too, is rich in her words and take so much time to try to understand an inkling of what she is saying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.