Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Virgin a Day - Day One of Twelve Days with Mary



The Blessed Virgin compared to the air that we breathe

I say that we are wound
with mercy round and round
As if with air, the same
is Mary, more by name.


She, wild web, wondrous robe,
Mantles the guilty globe,
Since God has let dispense
Her prayers his providence:

An altered pocket prayer book by PritiLisa

Nay, more than almoner,
The sweet alms' self is her
And men are meant to share
her life as life does air....


I made a tiny tin shrine in which to keep my prayer book

Be thou then, O thou dear
Mother, my atmosphere;
My happier world, wherein
To wend and meet no sin;

now filled with old prayer cards

Above me, round me lie
Fronting my forward eye
With sweet and scarless sky;
Stir in my ears, speak there
of God's love, O live air,
Of patience, penance, prayer;
World-mothering air, air wild,
Wound wit thee, in thee isled,
Fold home, fast fold thy child
                   Gerard Manly Hopkins




 It is that special magical time of year again
made possible by Rebecca of Recuerda mi Corazon

And here is Rebecca's invitation to you to join in :

welcome all virgins...
enchanting, traditional, contemporary, exotic,
campy, irreverent, irresistible,
unusual, joyful, rapturous, lovely,
glorious, ordinary and astounding;
let the twelve days of mary begin!
Just click on the image!!







8 comments:

  1. dear hettienne,
    today marks December first and the beginning of my most favorite 12 posts of the year. as the days grow shorter and colder it is the warmth of sharing each day beginning with honoring the light of mother love in us all that truly warms hearts.
    thank you for being here. your offerings always comfort and uplift me. i hope your readers will join in with their unique offers too, the more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special book!!! Lovely to visit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Gerard Manley Hopkins and anything you create, Hettienne. Love your prayer book box and it reminds me of a project I have long been putting off--prayer cards on an old Rolodex. Glad you are participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet tin for your precious book! love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerard Manley Hopkins knew of things that I can barely grasp. I felt honored to visit his grave in Dublin back in January.

    Life Mysterious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a nice period advent, wonderfull fotos and pictures,,Greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  7. Through three visits, the details of this book slowly crept up on me much like Holy Mother does when I need her attention and don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hettienne! I just love that my art is surrounded by yours,,,inside and out,
    The book is living in the most beautiful treasure box and filled with the art of so many
    worshipers...what a keepsake to behold!
    Your photographs are just love-ly!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.