Monday, October 14, 2013

Mondays with Mary - Ritual




Ritual is about joining vision and practicality,
heaven and earth
suffering (samsara in the eastern traditions)
and
nirvana (bliss or peace, in the eastern traditions)


When things are properly understood,
one's whole life is like a ritual
or a ceremony.


 Then all the gestures of life are like worship


and all the sounds of life are prayers


sacredness is everywhere


Another Monday with Mary
linking up with Rebecca
as she is travelling to Loving Lupita!
in San Miguel de Allende



wishing you a wonderful week 

(the pictures were taken in my studio with my new votive stand - something
that I had been looking for for a long time and finally found!!)

blessings, Hettienne

8 comments:

  1. "and all the sounds of life are prayers" what a wonderful hopeful statement; thank you for dropping by my blog

    much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful. Your votive stand is awesome. What a joy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed in words and photographs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really moved by your words and the photographs. Your way to approaching life is the way I try to live my own life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a stunning effect with so many candles! it warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, these offerings, these prayers... I join you in this beauty. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, wise and oh so true. Thank you for this gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.