Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mondays with Mary - The Moon



Early Morning, The Hour of Prime

O blessed, silent one, who speaks everywhere


We do not hear the soft voice, the gentle voice, the merciful
and feminine.
We do not hear mercy, or yielding love, or non-resistance,
or non-reprisal:
In her there are no reasons and no answers. 
Yet, she is the candour of God's light

The stars rejoice in their setting,
and in the rising of the Sun.
The heavenly lights rejoice in the going forth of one
to make a new world in the morning,
because he has come out of the confused
primordial dark night into consciousness.
He has expressed the clear silence of Sophia in his own heart.

extract from Sophia by Thomas Merton (Maria Lodewicus)







Please participate in Mornings with Mary
by Rebecca
at 

and visit others who share in this moment every week.



3 comments:

  1. I love this shrine Hettienne and how you have made Mary a mystical Goddess, it's just beautiful!
    (very creative feet on the shrine)
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, every new morning the world is recreated with the birth of light. thank you for your love so present in the details of your shrine, so generous in your sharing, so appreciated by us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all your shrines and this particular excerpt from Thomas Merton really touches my heart. I did my M.A. thesis on Merton and I haven't read his poetry for a very long time. I'm going to Google Sophia and print it out. I'm sure it would mean a lot more to me now than when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.