Thursday, March 14, 2013

In the Mother's mysteries all opposites are joined

Blessing of the Rose Queen by Hettienne
  In the Mother's mysteries all opposites are joined - this is an extract
from Circle of Mysteries by Christin Lore Weber.
I just had to share this incredibly beautiful book with you.
Simply put, it is a book about using the rosary as a meditative tool, beyond
tradition and history and religion.
But it is so much more.
 
Garden at Sancta Maria
Dr Christin Lore Weber writes poetically.  Her words evoke deep archetypal images
and such profound feelings of devotion, illumination and love.
I was not raised Catholic, nor do I belong to the Catholic faith, so I do not have
the sentiment, nor the memories of using the rosary by rote.
But I have studied the use of the rosary or mala or japa mala or prayer beads
in many traditions and cultures.  I use both a rosary and a mala in my own
prayers and meditations.
And, as you may have gathered from my blogs and writings, and especially
my art, I am devoted to the Blessed Mary.
 
Blessing of the Rose Queen by Hettienne
 
She chose me - I did not choose her.
 
Blessing of the Rose Queen shrine by Hettienne - in progress
 
I answered a Call in my heart, many many moons ago, without
really understanding any of it and this Call has taken me down
many paths, of many traditions and I have had to learn
much discernment and let go of many attachments - as I am
sure that most people have to do when we apply our talk to our walk.
 
Garden at Sancta Maria
 
In any case, back to the book.  I own the first edition of Circle of Mysteries and
have just ordered the later edition which includes the Mysteries of the Light dedicated
to the Beloved.
 
Shrine at Sancta Maria
 
I got the following background on Christin Lore Weber off the Amazon page :
 
Christin Lore Weber, D. Min., grew up in Minnesota, leaving home after high school to enter a convent. A nun for fourteen years, she taught English and religion in high school and junior college. After leaving the convent, she continued her education, receiving a Master of Arts degree in theology and a doctor of ministry degree. Dr. Weber has been a spiritual counselor, educator, lecturer, chaplain, and the author of several books that integrate spirituality with psychology in everyday life. She continues to write and lives with her husband, author John R.Sack, in the mountains of Southern Oregon.  She also writes two blogs.
 
Small altar by Hettienne
She does discuss the traditional rosary and explain the five mysteries. She puts it
into this beautiful context :
Hers are the five mysteries of creation.
Five is a number designating the presence of women's mysteries.
Five petals of the wild rose.
Five points in the star at the core of the apple
representing women's fruitful sexuality.
  But then she takes it a few steps further.  She starts off with tracing the origin and the tradition of the rosary which transcends all religion and culture. She literally and figuratively creates a rosary as she writes.
She weaves together the Divine Feminine, the Feminine Face of God in many religions and traditions; she connects the manifestation of Mary with the Goddess religion and she succeeds in create a holy rosary, bringing healing to a woman's heart,crossing all gender and religious boundaries.
 Each bead is given a title and a prayer.  The first bead is
 I BELIEVE
In my hand I hold the cross
I look deep into my soul
I search for what I believe
and powerfully she leads on through all the mysteries, bringing you back to the truth that Mary lives within you and that it is her voice that you wish to listen to.
Using the Rosary, the holy circle of healing and wholeness, is the perfect sacred tool to do so.
Visions of the divine feminine rise in us and are seen however we can see her,
however our culture and belief systems permit. Perhaps her mysteries
are what is divine in creation, that which we experience in our depth. Perhaps the
divine feminine, beyond her many names and faces, is that aspect of the one God
which is the center, the womb, the rose.
 
blessings

 
 


2 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful shrine and a beatiful post.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear hettienne,
    something beautiful happened when i has sitting at the feet of mary as the sun rose. from that a new meme was born at recuerda mi corazon. mornings with mary, each monday i am beginning my week honoring mary with a simple photograph, i hope you will join me in all this mary love.
    xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.