Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day Nine of Share a Virgin a Day



At Ngome in Kwa-Zulu Natal in South Africa
is the Marian site of miraculous healing.  The number of
healings at this river and sacred wells
are often compared to Lourdes
and it is indeed called the African Lourdes.



Our Lady of Ngome, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Sister Reinolda had ten 'encounters' with Mary during lifetime
as a nun at the Catholic missionary at Ngome.
 
The first encounter took place on 22 August 1955 during the
Feast of The Immaculate Heart of Mary.

this is an extract from Sr Reinolda's journal :

Shortly after Holy Communion, Mary stood before me, very close-by. Everything was seen in spirit. I was drawn into another atmosphere. Mary showed Herself in a wonderful light more beautiful than the sun. She was robed all in white, flowing veil from top to toe. Upon Her Breast rested a big host surrounded by a brilliant corona radiating life. She was a living Monstrance.

Mary stood upon the globe, hands and feet invisible. I felt like entering a cloud, drawn by Mary, away from the earth. I had my eyes closed but I saw so much light that, for several days, I was very much dazzled by the beauty and light that I had seen.

Mary said the following:
“Call Me ‘Tabernacle of The Most High’.
You too are such a Tabernacle, believe it.

 
Join in on this pilgrimage of Mary
visit
 
for more offerings
 
 
blessings
 
 
 
 
 



 

15 comments:

  1. I have joined and am truly awed by all the beautiful words of Mary that I have read and the sight of so many versions has opened my heart so much more. Thank you. Happy Mary Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh - Her livingness is so apparent in your photo! I actually gasped!

    Thank you so much for relating this story which I otherwise would never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine post and photo ~ Got to believe when one reads and sees this post ~ something beyond us mortals ~ loving energy surrounds ~

    (A Creative Harbor) aka 'ArtMuse Dog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. omigoodness, I've never heard of this manifestation. She's sublime. I'm going to look for more information right now. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading the description of Sister Reinolda's visitation transported me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, sharing yet another holy place and spiritual experience with Our Lady...so nurturing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another Mary story that fills my heart! I love Mary's vista.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These visitations fascinate me. . . particularly how Mary appears in whatever form is necessary to be received by the person being visited. She truly is spirit made manifest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "She was a living monstrance" That gave me goose bumps. I'd not heard of these healings before. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-I did not know of this nun and her visions. How extraordinary that she had them. I've never seen Mary depicted hoding a host-but it is so appropriate after all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always in awe of these healing places.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After such a powerful visitation I'm not surprised that this place was saturated with healing energy.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had not heard of this before. I love the words that she wrote and that you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.